The Entry Requirements for the USA Have Changed

August 2, 2018, In: Travel


If you are travelling with a Chinese passport and are going to America you may now need to register your details in the Electronic Visa Update System (EVUS) before you go. It’s critical that you know if you need to register your details because if you don’t register you risk being denied entry to the USA at the border which could potentially ruin a holiday or a business trip. You can apply for EVUS here.


It’s simple to register with the electronic visa update system and it only requires that you answer some simple questions about yourself then provide a small payment. Once you have submitted the questions all you need to do is wait for approval.


All Chinese passport holders with a B1, B2 or B1/B2 American visa are required to get an EVUS approval before entering the United States. The EVUS mainly is about your biographical data and is a requirement of long term visas both for tourism and business. The EVUS will soon be a requirement for long term visa holders from other countries too such as Mexico and Venezuela.


Getting a EVUS is easy and incredibly important to get into the USA. If you do not have one you risk being turned away at the border which can make getting into the USA very difficult in future. To save you the risk and hassle, you should use an agent to ensure you get your EVUS. While the process is simple, some of the questions asked in the EVUS can be very difficult, especially if your English isn’t the strongest.


Once you have completed your EVUS it will be valid for a period of 2 years, you won’t need to think about it again until it has expired. At this point you will need to do another application to get another EVUS approval. It’s very important to ensure that your EVUS is current every time to travel to the USA. You don’t want to be caught out by the regulations surrounding entry into the country, these often change so it’s worthwhile to always check the rules before you leave.  


Before you travel make sure if you need an EVUS, it’s not worth being turned away at the border. For a smooth holiday or business trip use an agent to get your EVUS and make sure your trip is hassle free. Using an agent is probably the best way to easily navigate the regulation surrounding travel to the USA without any problems.


I wanted a website that encompassed everything being a modern, independent woman is for me. Savvy Dames are women who are independent, chase their dreams, connected with technology, focused on their health and fitness and love to travel. Maybe you're not quite there yet, but working towards it. This blog is a resource for expert Savvy Dames, to works in progress. Feel free to browse my blog posts or drop me a note. I hope you enjoy my blog.

Like Us on Facebook

Follow Us on Twitter

Recent Comments